Monday, September 22, 2014

Our Car Seat Search is Over!

I participated in this sponsored campaign on behalf of One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own. 

There are so many factors that go into finding the best car seat for your little nugget.  Safety, comfort, ease of installation, features...it can get kind of overwhelming.

A few months ago, I knew we needed a car seat that Emma Ramey would be able to use for the rest of her car seat years.  Don't y'all love that we have the technology now to keep our kids safe, in one car seat, from the time they leave the hospital until they're using just a seat belt?  I wish we had gone with an all-in-one from the very beginning with her - but, of course, hindsight is 20/20.  So we're correcting our ways now and using a quality seat that's going to last.


Over the past month or so, we've had to opportunity to use the Evenflo Symphony LX All-In-One Car Seat with SureSafe - and guys, I couldn't be happier with it.  It has everything that our previous car seats didn't - I feel like every complaint I've ever had with a car seat was answered in the engineering on this one.

I was impressed with the features of this seat from the time we took it out of the box. Installation was an absolute breeze.  The Evenflo Symphony LX has a Quick Connector™ LATCH with guides.  These guides are basically little tunnels you insert into your seat to make those impossible latches in your car not-so-difficult to find. The Quick Connector™ LATCH connections are so easy to install - they're not kidding when they say you can install and uninstall this one-handed!  I had this installed, by myself, within a few minutes.  That's never happened before with a car seat.  Not only do they make installation easy, but they make it easier to make sure your car seat is properly installed.  It's shown that as much as 70% of car seats aren't properly installed.  The Evenflo SureSafe System increases proper installation by 2x, compared to standard latch.

Another element of the car seat that is an absolute must for us is safety.  The Evenflo Symphony LX has e3 Side Impact™ Protection - three layers of engineered foam designed and tested to reduce side impact forces up to 50%. Hopefully we never have to test out the safety of it, but it's so comforting to know it's there if we need it.


One of those "why didn't I think of that?" features of the Evenflo Symphony LX are the Buckle Pockets on each side of the seat.  They allow me to hide those metal buckles on the car seat from the hot sun.  Those things get pretty toasty this time of the year - it's so nice to be able to keep them comfortable for Emma Ramey and prevent not-so-nice burns from metal buckles!


This might sound silly, but I have learned over the past few months that we absolutely, totally, no-question have to have cup holders in our car seats.  Not only does the Evenflo Symphony LX have cup holders, but they're built with another "why didn't I think of that?" feature - elastic bands on the outside that allow for many different cup sizes.  So smart!


Add this to the "why didn't I think of that?" list: the Evenflo Symphony LX has a no-thread harness system that - wait for it - never makes you thread a car seat harness.  Ever again.  Can I get an amen?

The seat comes pre-threaded, and as your child grows, you simply move the harness up.  It's really that simple.  Oh, and if you need to wash the cover?  You don't even have the uninstall the seat.

No, really.

We had an unfortunate incident with a milkshake in the car a few weeks ago, so I needed to wash the cover.  I had the cover off the (still installed) seat within minutes, and it was just as easy to put back on.

I really could go on and on about my love for the Evenflo Symphony LX.  The features make you believe it's a super-expensive car seat, when in fact, I think it's really affordable!


Right now, you have the chance to make this seat even more affordable - click here to print a $10 off coupon, or even make it a $15 off coupon for sharing with friends! (The coupon is on the right side of the page.)

Check out Evenflo on Twitter and Facebook for more info, and even read more reviews from moms at their hashtag #EvenfloPlatinum!  A huge thanks to Evenflo and One2OneNetwork for allowing me to bring you this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment