Monday, June 16, 2014

14 Days to Slim

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Slimfast, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #14daystoslim http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV.

Many of you who read my blog know that I've been working really hard to lose weight and get in shape over the past few months.  Not only have I been counting calories, but I've worked really hard to hit the gym as much as possible.  I've had great results - so far, I'm down about 15 pounds!  More importantly, I feel so much more comfortable in my own body.

Like any diet, this one has required hard work.  Do you guys ever feel like you've kind of hit a wall after dieting for awhile?  I was there a few weeks ago.  I definitely needed something to knock me back into the game.

I've used Slimfast products before and had great success.  They are such an easy way to stay on the right track with your diet when you lead a busy life.  Not only are their products delicious, but they help cut calories and maintain a balanced diet.

So imagine how excited I was to receive this a few weeks ago...


What a fun early birthday present!  This definitely inspired me - after receiving this, my goal, from the beginning of June, was to lose 10 pounds by my birthday (July 15th).  

So far, my secret weapon for this last part of the diet has been the Slimfast 14-Day Slimdown.  It's super easy - replace 2 meals a day with a Slimfast bar or shake.  Eat 3 small (100 calorie) snacks a day, eat a sensible (500 calorie) dinner, and get plenty of water/exercise.  Nothing extreme or crazy at all.  You can lose up to 6 pounds in the first 14 days with this plan!


I've been using the new Have Your Cake... Vanilla Slimfast bars for lunch each day.  Y'all - no lie - these taste just like birthday cake.  Really.  Each bar is only 180 calories and has great vanilla cake, frosting, and sprinkles.  I actually look forward to lunch each day!  And, unlike other meal replacements I've tried, these bars control hunger wonderfully.  


They're great to take on-the-go - if we're out running errands or at the pool, it's so easy to fit lunch in. No prep and no mess.

To make the plan even easier, I made a little "cheat sheet" to keep up with what I'm doing each day.  If you'd like to download the .pdf to print your own copy of this, click here or click the graphic below!

Free printable checklist to track the Slimfast 14-Day Slimdown


This has been the best way for me to keep up with the Slimdown each day.  As I eat a meal, snack, or drink water, I check it off in the box for that day.  

 

The plan recommends getting 30 minutes of exercise per day - but, honestly, there are days that I just can't fit it in.  So, instead, I shoot for doing 3 1/2 hours of exercise a week.  So, if I get an hour in 1 day and can't get to the gym the next, that's ok!

Using this checklist has made an easy plan even easier.  And obviously the plan is working - as of Friday (12 days into the plan), I was down 4.2 pounds!  If I'm being honest, that's even with cheating for a meal or two. :)

If you'd like more info on Slimfast's 14-Day Slimdown, click here - there's a great deal on their Slimbox through Groupon over at this site (I'll definitely be taking advantage of it).   You can also check out their Facebook page or Pinterest page for more info!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success! Losing weight is not easy. I struggle with the same pesky 10 pounds over and over. At least its not 50 pounds, but it's still a fight! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited! Your post was the most viewed at our party!! We will be featuring it tonight at 7 pm.. Thanks for sharing! Pinned. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you - may give this a try! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your weight loss success! I want to thank you for providing this Slim Fast pdf, it will certainly help me as I journey through my 108# weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to begin my weight loss journey, i hope "slim fast" will help me to get my desire shape.
    Clenbuterol Canada

    ReplyDelete